UI President Hogan presents plan for new vice president position

University President Michael Hogan presented plans for reconstruction of the administration that will result in the addition of the Vice President of Health Affairs position at the Board of Trustees meeting Thursday afternoon.

“The goal is to unify and align the administration team to a clear line of command,” Hogan said.

The administrative structure changes also include adding vice president to the three chancellor’s titles and expanding the role of the vice president for technology and economic development to vice president for research, technology and economic development.

Hogan said any changes must go through formal process with the University senate.

Chairman of the Board Chris Kennedy, said he “not comfortable” advertising the various vacant positions within the university until their full titles and responsibilities are settle so he urged the senate to act quickly with the process.

Assuming the changes make it though the University senate, the changes will be voted on at the November 18 Board of Trustees meeting.