Former site of White Horse Inn demolished, to be turned into student apartments - The Daily Illini : Campus

The Daily Illini is online everywhere you are.

Former site of White Horse Inn demolished, to be turned into student apartments

Print
Font Size:
Default font size
Larger font size

Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 12:00 am | Updated: 11:25 am, Mon Jan 14, 2013.

The former sites for White Horse Inn and Garcia's Pizza In A Pan will be replaced with a new student apartment building next year.

Demolition for 112 E. Green St., White Horse Inn's previous location, began this week. A demolition permit was issued for the vacant building at 108 E. Green St. that used to house Garcia's.

A footing and foundation permit has also been issued for the 112 and 108 E. Green St. site, owned by Larson Company.

According to Doug Larson, president of Larson Company, a five-story building is set to be ready for occupancy by fall 2014. The first level will house a parking garage and commercial businesses. The upper four levels will consist of two and four-bedroom apartments, totaling 52 units. The total cost for the project is $7 million.

More about

Rules of Conduct

• 1 Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
  • 2 Don't Threaten or Abuse. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. AND PLEASE TURN OFF CAPS LOCK.
  • 3 Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
  • 4 Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
  • 5 Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
  • 6 Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.

Welcome to the discussion.

Police Blotter